Skip to content
- Tunisia’s interior minister, Hichem Mechichi has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of the country.
- He succeeded Elyes Fakhfakh, who resigned over allegations of a conflict of interest. He has a month to form a government.
- As well as being the interior minister in the outgoing government, Mechichi has been a counsellor to President Saied, handling legal matters.
- He has previously been chief of staff at the Ministry of Transport and also served in the Ministry of Social Affairs.
- President of Tunisia: Kais Saied; Capital of Tunisia: Tunis.
- The currency of Tunisia: Tunisian Dinar.