A healthy and beautiful complexion is not really a rocket science, if natural skin care tips and homemade skin care tips are kept in mind. So, don’t break into a sweat every time wondering how to get fair skin when you have a pesky pimple, see those ugly tan lines, or spot the first signs of ageing. Relax! They can easily fixed with the help of easy to make natural homemade remedies. Follow the beauty tips given below and bid adieu to every and any skin problem you have ever had.
- Step 1 – Cleanse: Find a good cleanser that your skin responds well to, and stick with it. You can use a deep pore cleansing lotion if you have dry skin or a face wash if your skin is acne-prone. It’s important to remove signs of dirt, grime and pollution every day. However, be careful not to cleanse too often. When you wash your face too often or use harsh cleansers, you tend to strip all your natural oils, which is not a great thing. Don’t wash your face more than two times a day; in fact, washing your face at night is most essential to remove makeup and sunscreen, which tends to clog pores.
- Step 2 – Exfoliate: Exfoliation is the step most people skip in their weekly skincare routine. But, if you start properly exfoliating your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference. Did you know that one of the reasons men’s skin looks more youthful than women’s is because men tend to exfoliate when they shave. You can buy a great scrub or make your own. You can try out this skin care tip using brown sugar and coconut oil. Make a face and body scrub with sugar and oil, take a washcloth, apply a dab of cleanser and a sprinkle of white refined sugar on a damp washcloth and massage your skin in circular motions. After a quick rinse, any sign of dead skin is erased. If you have dry skin, try extra virgin coconut oil for glowing skin.
- Step 3 – Moisturize: How much to moisturize? Your skin will tell you! Yes, really. When your skin is tight, it’s crying out for moisture. Be careful not to over-moisturize as this can clog pores. But nothing beats a good oil for your skin. You can use extra virgin coconut oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil or jojoba oil as an overall body moisturiser. Are eye creams necessary? Well maybe. Some beauty experts strongly recommend eye creams. If you have dry skin, consider cold cream or a lighter hydrator like Dabur Gulabari Moisturising Rose Lotion, enriched with natural rose oil and key actives, which gently work on your skin, giving it a rose-like glow.
- Step 4- Massage: Stimulating facial muscles with massage helps ease the flow of oxygen in the face area. With more oxygen and blood flow, the collagen production increases which in turn helps the skin to become firm and tight. Thus, keeping wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay. Regula face massage also helps in adding a natural and healthy glow to the face while cleansing it of any impurities and dirt. Massaging the face with natural ingredients like milk, honey, yogurt and cream etc., also helps in improving the quality, texture and complexion of the skin drastically.
- Step 5 – Apply Sunscreen: The major cause of uneven skin and wrinkles is sun damage, so it’s important to use a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF every day. A great trick is to purchase two moisturizers: One for night and one for day that includes UV protection. Don’t use moisturizers with sunscreen at night, the ingredients are not meant to be used all night and can aggravate the skin.
- Step 6: Avoid using chemicals: Using beauty products and make-up that is high on chemicals can spoil the texture and quality of the skin and rob it of its natural oils and glow. Before going for expensive treatments or using a product on your skin, you must check for the quantity of chemicals added to it. Opt for natural or herbal based products as they are not harmful to the skin and will prevent it from getting damaged further. Yu can also make your own skin remedies and face masks at home using ingredients from your kitchen that will aid in keeping your skin blemish free, healthy and glowing. On how to make homemade face packs and masks, read the next point.
- Step 7- Natural Face Masks: You can also try some natural face masks to maintain the health of your skin. There are several homemade skin care tips to prepare these masks. Some of these homemade beauty recipes are mentioned below-
- Banana Bonanza – Take 1 banana. Mash it properly. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and mix it well to make a thick paste. Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it there for 10-15 minutes and you will see the difference.
- Kiwi-Curd Conjunction – Take 1 kiwi. Grind it properly. Add 1 tablespoon of curd in the puree. Apply this magical face mask on your face and wash it off after 15-20 minutes with water. This is one of the best natural anti-tanning face packs.
- Magical Mustard Oil – If you want to keep it simple, then just pat a little bit of mustard oil. It will make your skin smooth and soft. However, make sure it is mild and don’t go out in sunlight after the application of this easy face mask to avoid tanning.
- Step 8 – Eat Healthy: Elimination of junk and fried foods and inclusion of healthy substances like fresh fruits, vegetables and juices goes a long way in keeping your skin healthy and youthful. Eating fruits and veggies which are high in antioxidants will help battle the damage done by free radicals. Since it’s hard to stop the factors that go into free radical production, it’s easier to eat right to help your body fend them off. Eat foods rich in vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients like broccoli, watermelon, apricots, oranges, eggs, nuts and fish etc. Trade your cereal for eggs or Greek yogurt. It’s believed that eating a high-protein breakfast helps stay fuller longer and avoid overeating later in the day.
- Foods to avoid: Fried and heavy foods like burger, chips, fritters etc; food items that are high on sugar content; fizzy drinks like soda and cola; and chocolates & candies among others
- Foods to eat: Fresh fruits & vegetables, curd, salads, eggs, nuts & seeds, fish etc.
- Step 9: Stay hydrated: Dehydration messes with the way your skin looks. And specially, after a night’s rest, your body needs fluids. Whether you believe it or not, a glass of water every morning can miraculously bring about a big positive change in in your skin and overall health. So, drink lots of water. Apart from water, adding fresh fruit juices, soups, herbal teas etc. can also help in keeping your digestion healthy thereby giving your skin a boost of health. If you find drinking plain water boring, add a hint of lemon juice, few pieces of cucumber and few mint leaves to it. This detoxifying drink will not only regularize your bowel system and free your digestive system of free radicles; but also keep your skin soft, supple and hydrated.
- Step 10: Exercise: And last but not the least, work out. Exercising can actually make your skin look and stay healthy. Exercising produces endorphins that aids in bringing down the stress levels and make you feel relaxed. Regular workouts like running, brisk walking, yoga and pilates etc., help increase blood circulation and flow of oxygen in the body that aids in expelling harmful toxins, oil and dirt out. It also helps in keeping the skin nourished and healthy. Also, it is believed that women who exercise in the morning sleep better at night. And the beauty benefits of sleep are really incomparable. So, no matter how busy your schedule may be, make sure to take some time out for a morning workout.
- Step 11: Adequate sleep: An adequate night’s sleep means you getting up fresh and relaxed the next day. A sleep deprived body produces more of stress related hormone called cortisol that can make you look tired, dull and stressed. In the long run it can hurt the quality of your skin and steal away its glow, health and youthfulness. Lack of sleep is the biggest aggregator of stress and with stress comes problems like acne, pimples, wrinkles, dark circles and spots etc. Therefore, sleeping your way to a problem-free skin is a must. To wake up daily to an energized and rejuvenated skin, sleep for a minimum of 8 hours. It will help renew your cells, relax your body and boost blood flow into your skin and add a natural glow to your face.How sleep benefits for face & skin?
- Reduces puffiness of eyes
- Prevents dark or under eye circles
- Increases blood circulation
- Relaxes the body
- Renews skin cells
- Adds a natural glow
Don’ts – Avoid These to Have a Clear Skin
- Never go to bed while wearing cosmetics/makeup. Clean it with wipes or simply wash your face with water.
- Toner can dry out skin if utilized over and over again.
- Always be alert when utilizing any item containing acids or peroxides, for example, skin inflammation creams and blur creams. These expansion the skins’ affectability to sun and may cause redness and peeling.
- Over-washing skin can make it red and sore. It can likewise harm the skin.
Remember, glowing skin is your face’s natural makeup. Why invest in expensive packs of makeup to look good, when a few natural ingredients from your kitchen can do wonders to your skin and give it a natural glow without any side effects or burning a hole in your pocket. Just stick to a good natural regime and glowing skin will be yours!